christmas

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The BIG 40!!!

Yesterday was Billy's big 40 birthday party. I wasn't sure what type of party to have for him this year. Usually we are pretty low key for his birthdays but this one was the big one and I really wanted to do something memorable for him. With a lot of ideas going through my mind I remembered that Billy had mentioned he had never been to the Magic Castle up in Hollywood. A few phone calls later and my Uncle Les was getting us the VIP treatment. I mentioned it to some of our friends and they were on board to partake in a little surprise for him. (Thank you to each one of you for making this such an amazing night to remember. Billy was so taken back by the generosity of your friendship and it truly made this night something extra special for him) I love you all so much. :)

I had told Billy that Les could only get a few people in as guests when he isn't performing so that we would be going with a few family members and our friend Cassie from Vegas. Little did he know that Uncle Les was able to pull a few strings and get up to 16 guests in for us. Alex & Robert, Amber & Dean, Chris & Michelle, Cameron & Jennay, Joe & Karen, Cassie, Annette, Vanessa and Uncle Les were in on the surprise....and boy was it a good one.
The night started out with us going to meet at Les & Charlee's house. A few of our friends showed up there for the surprise and the others surprised him up at the castle waiting for us to arrive. One of the other fun things we did was rent a limo so we could enjoy ourselves and not worry about drinking and driving. Billy of course had no idea about it, so when Amber and Dean arrived to Charlee's house in the limo he was blown away. My mom and Charlee stayed behind and took care of our precious little Georgie girl so we could enjoy the night worry free. (Thanks you too)

Billy was so excited, shocked and all smiles the whole night, he kept telling me how excited he was and wondering how I pulled this off without him knowing anything about it. Once we made it inside the Castle the VIP treatment began. Thanks to Uncle Les he has been a member for many years and knows everyone up there we were treated like Kings and Queens last night. I swear I felt like we were a bunch of Hollywood celebrities. Unfortunately, I was out of the surprises but the magicians at the castle took care of that and we had a blast seeing all the performers and touring the different rooms and taking in the whole experience. What an amazing night full of laughter, good friends, making memories and maybe just a little too much alcohol :) But fun none the less. Thanks again Uncle Les for making this an unreal experience for all of us to remember for years to come.

Billy please know how much I love you and feel so honored to be your wife. You are such an amazing and inspiring friend and husband to me. You & Georgia are my everything. Happy 40th Birthday Baby. Here's to your next 40 years may they be full of excitement, love, friendship, happiness & making special memories like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment